Tuesday, October 10, 2017

I was shocked today!

I preached today for the staff Chaplain here at Azalea Trace.  I am filling n for him for the next few weeks because he is on a Mission Trip to Central America.  I am very proud of him and his Wife and honored to be able to help him this way.

When I was setting up for services in the beautiful Chapel in Willow Brook Court, a man came in to the Chapel.  I recognized him from Independent living but he was not the same man!  In a very short time, Dementia, of what type I do not know, has completely changed this man.  He did not recognize me and I could tell from his actions he felt threatened and unsafe in his surroundings.  He was being cared for by one of the wonderful Home Health Professionals here at Azalea and was in very good hands.  Just the same, his appearance and demeanor shocked me!

How could this seemingly vibrant man go sown hill so quickly.  My Dementia journey has been gradual and fairly gentle up to know.  But he obviously has been run over by a truck named Dementia!

His condition has caught seed me to reevaluate my position and my life choices for the future.  I know my Dementia is speeding up and getting more virulent.  Maybe I will be the man who shocks someone ion the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment