Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Neurologist visit today

We met with my Neurologist today.  She is a caring, professional, medical professional that I respect and trust.  We discussed the unfortunate Effexor experiment and how I am doing now that I am back on a much smaller dosage of Effexor.  I AM doing better but she reserved the right to increase my dosage slowly and cautiously as we see how I progress.  My BP was down, now 130/80.  Much better than 160/110!!   I am also becoming less agitated and grumpy.  All good things.  I am having less issues regulating my body temperature and  I am having less issues regulating my bowels.  SO, things are getting better.

We also discussed the brain CT scan that was done a few months ago.  She was able to get the previous scans from my Virginia Beach Neurologist.  The comparison shows some deterioration, but not major deterioration.   The "Black Holes" are still there and increasing some.  Again, that is to be expected.

It was a production, informative, visit.  I am feeling better and I realize I was foolish to try to get completely off Effexor.  I promise I will never try to play Doctor again!  Trust me, the three months of misery taught me a valuable, painful, lesson!!

No comments:

Post a Comment