Friday, August 18, 2017

How things are progressing

I am BLESSED  to have a Neurologist's Office that is proactive and very caring.  My Neurologist is young and embraces technology.  They have an email portal that enables me to have near realtime communications with the staff.  Since I went back on Effexor, and even during the time I was off Effexor, I kept my Doctors informed of how I was doing and the issues I was having.

I told you before that during the time I was off Effexor, my BP spiked and caused me headaches, dizziness, and other issues like muffled hearing.  Well, the BP is lower but not where it was before I went off the mega dose of Effexor.  That is because of the autonomic issues in my brain due to LBD.  However, my Neurologist is worried that the earaches that increase when I sneeze, cough, exert myself, and get my head lower than my waist, may be a symptom of something going wrong in my brain, de to the increased BP.  So, they have me monitoring my BP and headache location and intensity and then reporting it, daily, on the email portal!!   Not bad.

The head pain is located around my left eye, left forehead area and radiates behind my left ear.  It intensifies when I cough, sneeze, exert myself, or get my head lower than my waist.  Why, I do not know.  However, the neurologist told me in an email she was probably going to do another brain scan and possible put me on a mild BP med.  Makes sense to me.  The good part is, I do not have to go into the office to get this information!!  Isn't technology wonderful!!

1 comment:

  1. Tecnology is womderful. And it allows us to share in your experiences. Your blog is helpful to those of us who need an understanding of LBD thank you.

    ReplyDelete