Thursday, August 17, 2017

Back on Effexor; Update two

It has been a couple of weeks since I went back to taking a low dose of Effexor XR.  Many of the negative issues are gone.  But the headaches that come on when I sneeze, cough, or bend down with my head lower than my body are still there.  Those headaches are sudden and sharp, located in my forehead area and behind my left eye.   My BP has dropped to 135/85 when I am sitting in the chair, an improvement over the 160/110 readings before I went back on Effexor XR.   This issue is directly related to the Autonomic Dysfunction issues caused by LBD.  I am a text book case!!  The Neurologist is concerned about them and is considering placing me on a BP med and ordering another, more specific, brain scan.  I agree with both of these approaches.

I am also experiencing agitation, anger, and angry outbursts, but not as severe as I was before I went back on Effexor XR.   This is an balancing act.  Getting me back in physical and emotional balance while trying to retain some emotional release.  I do not envy my neurologist!

No comments:

Post a Comment