Wednesday, August 9, 2017

A pending trip

Our Middle Grandson is in Army Boot Camp at Fort Benning Georgia.  This weekend is Family Weekend.   He is close to graduation and I guess the Army does things different than we did in the Navy in 1969!  We are going up, alone with His Wife, and Parents.  It is only a 3 hour drive, so that part is good.  But my Wife's preparations for any trip, be it a week or a month, is a painful litany of lists, walking back and forth, looking in every nook and cranny in the apartment, and asking me a hundred time what outfit she should wear.   She has always been a very nervous traveler.  And it has always bothered me, but no, with LBD, her gyrations now drive me crazy!  She has to pack enough for a month in the arctic!   I take two pair of skivvies and a tooth brush!  But the most disturbing part for me is it has lasted ALL day!!  And now into the night, my most difficult time.   I have tole her this many times. to no avail.  She does what she does!!  She wants to be equipped for any happenstance!  Heck, I never took as much stuff on an 8 month deployment as she does for a two day trip!!

I hate travel now.  I never really liked travel, but now it is a bridge too far and the preparation is too painful.   But, once there, I hope we will have a good and interesting time.   Until then, I have to endure the skittering around and the constant quest to take more things!

1 comment:

  1. Be sure to see the Infantry Museum. It is well worth it.

    ReplyDelete