Friday, July 14, 2017

Death, comes to all of us

Unless Jesus returns soon, and he may,  we will all face death.  That is, our passing from our earthly body to our Resurrection body.  The make up or that Resurrection body is determined by our relationship with Jesus Christ.

Think about that.  I do, often!  You either believe Jesus was the promised Messiah that died for our Sins and who's blood washes us clean.  If yo believe that, you will stand before God, represented by Jesus, the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.  If you do not believe this, then you eternity will be torture.  Again, the time to decide what you believe is right now!

I have come to the point that many of the entertainers I liked have died.  I don't much like what they call entertainment today.  Most of my friends, family, and professional icons are dead!   My mentors, leaders, my friends, those who taught me, trained me, corrected me, and encouraged me are all gone, or almost all gone.   I miss them, their friendship, mentorship, and truthful, honest opinions.  I have very few people I can turn to for advice, guidance, strength, and friendship today.

I am a dinosaur.   Extinct, looked down on, treated with disrespect, misunderstood, even despised!  I have nothing of perceived value to add to the world, according to the folks I live around and the world I live in.

I have written about past friends that are gone;  Jim Smith, Bill Mowery, Vern Van Matre, Harold Wheeler, Kenny Colden, Joe Donnell, Dave Kelly, My Dad, Pete Schaffer, Sonny Mills, Harry Fresch, My Mom, and so many more that the emotions are overwhelming!!

Soon, I will see many of these folks.  How do I say that?   Since I stopped taking Effexor, my emotions have returned and also by perspective of the progression of my disease.  Effexor held me in a place of suspended emotional animation.  I was a Zombie.  But, now, along with the tears, comes reality.  I am OK with that.  Maybe even at ease with it.

I have sinned.  But Jesus has washed my sins away.  I have done some things of value and some foolish things.  But, only what I did for God will stand.  I am sure of that.  And I am glad of that also.

We recently went to the Seacrest Wolf Preserve n Florida with our youngest Grandson.  It was a surprise High School graduation gift.  We took the VIP tour and had over three hours ,just the three of us, alone in wolf families.  Many of the wolves came up for petting and some of them actually kissed us.  The wolves particularly liked my beard and liked to "Kiss" me.  While we were with the arctic wolves, the tour guide told us the Alpha Male would not come out to us.  He also said the Alpha Female probably would not make contact with us.  Well, the Alpha Female mauled me for attention.  She even laid on her back and let me rub her belly while she gently chewed my forearm.  The Alpha Male came close to me to watch the love fest.

The tour guide said I must have put off some "Positive Vibes".  The truth is, and I did not say it then, is;  Animal know when humans are sick, and maybe approaching the end of their earthly life.  I believe that is why I was treated so well by all of the wolves at Seacrest.  Again, it's OK with me.  I have had an exciting life.  Done things most men can only dream of.  I have had a wonderful Wife to share my best time with and a Son I am proud of.  The end of earthly life is the beginning of Heavenly life!!  I am ready!

Why do I write this?  It is part of my LBD journey and where my mind has been for awhile.    Thanks for sharing this with me.



2 comments:

  1. I look to the day when all things will be made new and we will live with the Father as was meant to be, before the fall.

    I pray that you go home peacefully when He brings you home.
    Till then, get audible books, I started to listen to books that sound interesting, enjoy not having to strain the eyes so much. I even listen to the Bible on my Bible App.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you.
    I come to read your blog often and this post is especially beautiful about the wolves and the vision of your happy grandson sharing this time with you and his dear Grandmother.

    ReplyDelete