Sunday, June 11, 2017

Lost interest in things that used to interest me

One of our LBD family sent me a comment on loosing interest in things he used to love to do.  Now, he, like me, has lost interest in those activities.  It is somewhat unnerving in that things that once consumed our time, money, and our attention, are now little or no interest to us.   I loved shooting.  I was a big IDPA shooter and liked anything related to Defensive Pistol Shooting.   I was also active in the Friends of the NRA and Navy events.  I loved to cook out on the grill and have medium size groups over to enjoy time together.  Telling sea stories, discussing shooting disciplines, comparing trucks, all kept me involved.   Now, those things do not hold my interest.

Actually, few things hold my interest.  I do research LBD issues and Dementia issues in general including new trends in Dementia care.   But, that is about it.  I do not read, socialize, or play any games with the exception of 8-Ball once in a while.  Instead, I like solitude, quiet, and privacy.

I know other Dementia patients that have the same outlook, so while it is an issue we have to deal with, it is not something we should be concerned about.  Being introverted seems to be normal for those of us with Dementia in general.

On the other hand being alone all the time is not good for us.   We started a Dementia Support Group here at Azalea Trace that gives those of us with Dementia a weekly time to compare notes!!  I recommend all of us find a social out reach that meets our needs, based on where we are on our Dementia journey.

Thanks for the comments and inspiration!!

No comments:

Post a Comment