Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Improving!! One step at a time

Yes, it is 12:30 here in Pensacola.  I took an nap tonight and then played pool.   When I went to sleep at 3 PM, I felt the effects of the Effexor withdrawal.  Extremely cold hands and feet. headache, body pains, electric zapping in my head, and a pressurized head.  I woke up at 5:15 and it took me a while to get fully awake.  I went to play pool and when I cam home at 8 PM, I was starting to feel better.  We had some scrambled eggs and toast at about 9 PM and that really picked me up.

More and more, I feel a little better everyday.  It seems I have turned the corner on this Effexor withdrawal.  Yes, I sill have times everyday when I feel terrible.  But even the level of terrible is getting less.   But, I am having increasing times of feeling better, maybe even good.

I have written before that I read a paper on the Internet from MAYO Clinic that stated  the withdrawal from Effexor was worse than the withdrawal from Cocaine or Heroin!  I never used any illegal drugs.  But I did drink gallons of Bourbon and Beer and I can tell you I never felt this bad.  But, it seems the "hangover" is subsiding.   I remember times when I thought I was going to die.  That was replaced by the feeling that I was NOT going to die!!  Now I think I am going to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment