Monday, June 26, 2017

Impact of Effexor withdrawal

Well, it has been 7 or 8 weeks since I started the draw down from Effexor.  The side effects of doing away with Effexor have subsided somewhat.  The "Electric-zapping on my brain has diminished as well as the pressurized feeling.  I am more emotional that I was when I was on Effexor.  That is good, since I hated being a Zombie.   I do cry at the drop of a hat and for no apparent reason.  Not a big "JAG" of crying, but tears and emotional release just the same.  I now cry every time I think of the death of Marcel or Charrie!!  I miss both of them.  And, while on Effexor I was completely impotent, I am regaining sexual function again.  Another good thing.   (Although, my Wife might tell you I am a bit of a pest right now.)  But I am happy.

I am more introverted and more introspective than I was on Effexor.  I am sleeping well and I am not taking naps!  Those two may be connected, but I do not feel the need for a nap right now.

One thing that has surfaced in spades;  My unhappiness with living in Florida.  I have no Surface Navy friends and no Church friends.  I am as alone, socially, as if I lived in solitary confinement.  Yes, there are people her to talk to.  People I have nothing in common with, who have no respect for my life's experiences, and see no value in me because I was an Enlisted man.  I might as well be invisible. I have stopped playing billiards because there is no fellowship there.  Socially, I would be much better in Virginia.  Long term care considerations make this the place I will stay.  But, I am not happy about that.  But, my happiness is not any one's concern.

Being a Effexor Zombie had it's benefits, but I like being connected to my emotions.  So, I will just have to find a way to deal with the negative issues.  Just the same, I am confident that I did the right thing getting rid of Effexor.  More later;

No comments:

Post a Comment