Thursday, June 1, 2017

Effexor withdrawal and my most recent visit to the Neurologist

Since I began the draw down of Effexor I have had numerous issues that are well documented on the Internet.    Electric Zaps in my brain, loud ringing in my ears, and head pressure have been the most prevalent issues and all of these are subsiding.  However, my Blood Pressure has gone way up.  162/102 was the highest recorded readings and it has not gone down much.  My Neurologist got me in quickly and my BP was still high, around 150/94.   A month ago it was 118/68 in my GP's office.  She believes it is related to the Effexor draw down.

She did a thorough exam and showed concern over my stability issues that have been progressing even before we decided to get off of Effexor.   She decided to order another MRI, to see if I may have suffered a small Stroke and to check on the Black spots and White spots in my previous MRI's.

I worked with a fellow in the Navy that used to say; "I don't know what's happening, but it is happening fast!"  He may have been right, related to my LBD journey.   So, next week, I will have another MRI and then I will await the results.  I am curious about the Black and White spots.  We will see what we will see.  More later.

1 comment: