Friday, June 9, 2017

Dizzy, High BP, and some left side of my face and body feelings?

I have discussed many of the issues I have suffered during my Effexor withdrawal.   I also talked about my hands being very cold.  Today we rode the community bus to the Commissary and when we returned, I was very dizzy and I was cold and sweaty at the same time.   The left side of my face felt thick and a little numb.  We took a 5 hour nap after we got home and I woke up feeling better.  But, during the nap, it came into my mind;  When do I feel bad enough to push the HELP button?   The thought of going to the Emergency Room late in the evening does not appeal to me.  Needless to say, I DID NOT push the HELP button.  And I do feel pretty good after eating dinner.  My hands are warmer, I am not dizzy, and the strange feelings on the left side of my face and body have dissipated for the most part.   Just the same, I will watch my progress through the night.

Just the same, I am improving as the withdrawal issues subside.  Tomorrow is the end of the second week without and Effexor after a three week draw down.  This has been very difficult on me and while I am sure getting off Effexor is right for me, I have have asked myself WHY I ever started taking Effexor and why in the world the FDA permits this drug to be sold!!

I have been told by neurologists that I am a "Lab Rat".   I have been prescribed drugs where the Doctor said;  We will see what this does.  And some times, we stopped the drug quickly because of the side effects.  Other drugs required numerous increases in dosage that brought on the side effects slowly and in an invidious manner.  Now, after the end of Effexor, I will be on drugs I know help me with limited, manageable side effects.  Hopefully, if I live through this Effexor withdrawal syndrome, I will be on a staid course.  We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment