Wednesday, May 31, 2017

The continuing saga of Effexor withdrawal

Today is the third day I have been totally without any Effexor.  This is the day, according to my Internet research, that my system is free of any of the drugs that make up Effexor.   From what I have read, quitting Effexor and the withdrawal from that drug, is worse that the withdrawal from Heroine and Cocaine!  In any case, this morning, my blood pressure spiked.  It was 160/102.  The nurses took it manually not with the BP machine!!  They took it again three hours later and it was 158/94.  About four weeks ago, in my GP's office it was 120/68.

Now, we know LBD impacts the Autonomic portion of the brain.  Along with my increased BP, I was cold as an ice cube!  My skin was very cold to the touch, even the Nurse Practitioner commented on it.  She told me to go relax and I took a nap.  I woke up at 5 PM and felt better, although I have not had my BP checked since 1:30 PM..

After the 1:30 PM check, I had my wife call the Neurologist's office and ask for an appointment.  They fit me in tomorrow at 2 PM.  That indicates to me  they are concerned also.  We will see what comes from that, but one thing is for sure, I WILL NOT EVER take an anti-depressant!

Since I got up at 5 PM, I do feel better,  The ringing in my ears is now only in my left ear.  I still have a slight headache, but I have refused to take anything for the pain, since the beginning of the drawdown!  

I just looked over this post and I realized, while I have written it in one sitting, it is very disconnected. That is how my brain is working and that makes sense since Effexor rewires the brain and the withdrawal process tries to put the wires back on the original posts!!   A tough process, as I can testify.

I will keep you informed of the process in hopes that other can learn from my misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment