Friday, May 12, 2017

Med update

I believe I posted about stopping Clonozipan.  I did that without consulting my Neurologist.  Since I was on that drug for such a short time, I felt comfortable with that and the doctor knows now and agreed with our reasoning.  I also wanted to get off of Effexor.   The neurologist has agreed to that move and gave me a plan to slowly get off of it.  I have been on Effexor for a long time and it has stopped working if it ever worked at all.

I am on a quest to delete any drugs from my treatment that we believe, do not help me.   I see no reason to take drugs that have serious side effects,  if they do not help me.

The Neurologist cautioned us that getting off Effexor may have it's own side effects.  Like more memory loss!   Also, more night agitation and increased anger issues!  Linda will have to keep track of my progress and the Neurologist told her to call if I have any negative changes.  We will see.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the update, hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete