Thursday, May 25, 2017

A bad day

Yesterday, I felt on top of the world.  The withdrawal symptoms had subsided and I felt the best I had in a long time.  Today, I have been in the doldrums.  The withdrawal symptoms are back and I am very depressed.  My Wife and I were discussing this tonight and she commented that yesterday was the regular meeting with my Dementia/Memory Support Group.

She is right.  That group helps me be me!  I am with others that are walking the same journey I am. We are related by diseases.  We support each other.  We are all very open with each other because we are comfortable and we trust each other.   Meeting with those people is good for me!

This support my belief that living in a community of that are on the same journey is good for us.  If I look back at my Navy career, I was always very comfortable and happy on ship with other Navy professionals.  We were experiencing the same things, helping each other, supporting each other, everyday.

Oh well.  I can look forward to next week's meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment