Saturday, April 22, 2017

Pensacola Obituary: Marcel Dolence

Marcel Dolence, Miniature Poodle, 14 hers old in Human years, passed away today, 22 April 2017, In Pensacola Florida.  He was a long time resident of Virginia Beach Virginia.  He was born in the finger Lakes Region of New York.

I lost my best friend today.  He was my Velcro puppy, always by my side, always loving, and always forgiving of my foibles.  Marcel and I fell in love when I first met him.  He was a small puppy my Son and Daughter in Law had just adopted and he and I were made for each other.  I loved him!!  From the first time I saw Him, I wanted him tone my puppy and he wanted to be my friend!  I will always love him.

As he aged, he had some serious health issues.  A seizure about 5 years ago that lead to the discovery of Hypothyroidism.  Later, a heart murmur that required medication and continued to get worse.  He lost most of his hair due to the Hypothyroidism in the last year and he had many bumps, boils, and hot spots.  Yet, he was always gentle, loving, and calm.

Marcel could not stand to be away from me.  Last year, we took a trip without him and he nearly died! He looked like he was on his last legs when we got home.  We went to the Vet, nursed him back to health, and had a good last year together.

Marcel even let a homeless, elderly, miniature poodle invade his home.  Cherie was sickly and neglected but he befriended her, shared me with her, and she had three years of relatively good health before we needed to have her put down at 15 ½ .  Marcel missed her and grieved for Cherie until the day he died, today.

I love Marcel and He will always be in my heart.  When I die, his cremains will be placed in my coffin.  I will always miss him.

6 comments:

  1. My deepest sympathy to you and your wife. I know the love you have for this little guy and how important he was to you. I am blessed with Maggie the Welsh Terrier and since my journey with LBD began she has been at my side every step of the way. Cherish the memories and know that he is still watching over you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy saying goodbye to a beloved pet, especially one like your Marcel who was really "mans best friend" Sending thoughts and prayers of comfort to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billy Graham stated that we will see our pets again, my reading of the Word leads me to believe it too. It will be such a joyous and beautiful time, when all things will be made new. We have many furry children my wife and I will be reunited with.

    With a sorrowful heart and Gods blessings.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the deletion I guess I hit the wrong buttons

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Thursday our beloved Cavilier Spaniel Buddy died Suddenly He was almost 7 years old. My husband and I are so grief stricken we can barely function we are both in our late 80's which makes the loss of Buddy much worse for us

    My sympathy to you on your loss of Marcel as a fellow griever

    ReplyDelete