Sunday, November 27, 2016

The Starts and Fits of LBD

LBD is an interesting disease.  It does not follow a logical progression.  Instead, there are good days and bad days, good hours and bad hours.  Many times, I feel good, even connected to the world around me.  Then, just as quick, I am disconnected, agitated, angry, and disoriented.

Another thing I have learned on my journey, the downturns happen in "Steps" instead of slopes.   I will be going along on a "mental and physical plateau" , a new normal, and then, "BANG!", I drop to a new plateau.

Another thing that is maddening is that as long as I am discussing the past, I seem normal to those around me.  But "Today" is something I am not connected to and seldom discuss or even think of.  Instead, I mentally live in my past, remembering and discussing things that happened to me in the Navy and before.  Some of these events make me happy and others upset me.  But, that is where my mind lives.





1 comment: