Monday, November 28, 2016

My caregiver

My wife was writing to one of her work friends back in Virginia Beach and she was describing her life.  A leader in Bible Study Fellowship, a leader in our Churches Women's Fellowship, organizing our Church Library, and working in the Library here at Azalea Trace.  I commented that she was not giving herself credit for being my full time care giver!

She looked at me like I was crazy, but think of it.  She cannot tell me to go to the store and buy this,  because I don't drive.  I cannot run errands, and if I need to go to the doctor, dentist, or anywhere else, she has to take me!  Then there are my meds!  If she does not monitor me, I forget to take them.  Not good.  Additionally, I do not know what I take, so I cannot organize my many meds.  I cannot order them, keep them straight, or deal with the pharmacy or the insurance companies.  As for our budget, forget it!  I have not dealt with that job in years.

She constantly monitors where I am, all the time.  If I stay too late at Billiards on Sunday or Wednesday night, she is checking on me.   She does leave me alone for 3 hours on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings.  but I have so much to do on those days and I am so dedicated to accomplishing those chores, she is sure I will not wander.  But if I ever do, she will never leave me alone again!

It is my opinion that my wife vastly underestimates the stress, workload, and responsibilities she has because of my LBD!  But I know what she does and I appreciate her!!

2 comments:

  1. You are a lucky man to have such a wonderful wife! I am also blessed with a fabulous wife and appreciate all that she does for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Written with love for her. God bless.

    ReplyDelete