Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Making Adjustments

A number of changes are happening in our lives.  Some directly related to LBD and some related to our future as it is impacted by LBD.

First, we have been on the waiting list to move to a one bedroom apartment here at Azalea Trace.  We originally moved into a 1200 sq ft two bedroom that is magnificent and expensive.  We wanted a one bedroom when we moved but nine were available.  We tried the two bedroom, but it is time to move to the one bedroom and one is now ready for us to remodel.  Not a big remodel, but some to make things the way we want them.  We will save $800 a month!

Why move?  Budget for one.  Our retirement income has dropped ever since we retired due to increased taxes, Medicare part B increases, and increases in the REAL cost of living without any COLA for four years!  So, to ensure our future financial health, we decided to make the downsizing move.


But, there are other benefits.  This big two bedroom is too much for my Wife if I am in Assisted Living/Memory Care.  And that is where I am headed, sooner than later.  So, this move to the One Bedroom will make our future easier logistically and financially.

Now, on to new LBD symptoms.  To say my memory and mental executive function is getting worse is an understatement best illustrated by the following.  I was sitting on the toilet, doing my business, when I got the urge to get up and leave the bathroom.  Mind you, I was not done doing my business!   Messy to say the least.  I actually forgot what I was going, even though it was still going on!

I have also noticed that my irregular heartbeat issue may be getting worse.  How?  I could never tell I had an irregular heartbeat by taking my own pulse.  The other day, I had my had on my until, with my legs crossed and I could feel my pulse stop and start!  It would got for a number of beats and then stop, and then start again.  Interesting.

So, things are progressing as I say.  And all the budgetary and living accommodation changes will make future financial issues easier.  Oh well, as long as I know where my coffee cup is!  

1 comment:

  1. Before I explain to you what Lewy Body Dementia is, let me tell you what a Lewy Body is. Lewy body or bodies are clumps of protein that form inside the brain and cause disturbances such as impairment, fluctuations in mood and behavior, trouble thinking processes and hindrances in doing daily chores. They are formed by unusual accumulation of a protein called alpha-synuclein which plays a vital role in the neuron functioning particularly at the synapses region of the neurons. Decline in the memory, personality changes and mental disfiguration normally happen in a condition known as dementia and in this case the condition is called Lewy Body Dementia. Next to Alzheimer’s, Lewy is the second most common type of dementia that accounts for at least 20 pc cases of Dementia worldwide and more than 1 millions of Americans face its challenges. People with Lewy Body Dementia often develop Parkinson’s as well since the abnormal accumulation of the protein has been seen in Parkinson’s cases accompanied by the neuronal loss whereas the onset of the disease is marked by the motor impairment in Parkinson’s and cognitive impairment in Lewy Body Dementia. As explained earlier, people with Lewy Body Dementia are also at the verge of developing Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases and these alongside conditions have some overlapping symptoms as well. Such as, in case of Parkinson’s and Lewy Body Dementia motor impairment in the patients has been observed. Patients also experience restless leg syndrome, whereas in the case of Alzheimer’s and Lewy Body Dementia it has been seen that patients lose the ability of judgement and decision making. Spatial disorientation has also been observed in such cases.
    Reference: http://bit.ly/2e5hYgU

    ReplyDelete