Thursday, September 15, 2016

I have a cold, or something!

I have a rather serious, chest congestion, cold, or an allergy issue, or the flu, or Zika, since i have been bitten by many Florida mosquitos.  Whatever it is, I am congested, have post nasal drip, lots of flame that I am choking on.  In a nutshell, I am miserable.

I brig this up, because breathing is important and choking is akin to aspiration.  And aspiration is the number one cause of death for LBD patients.   So, I am sensitive to this issue.

Now, do not get me wrong, death does not cause me any fear of consternation.  I am ready to go home and I welcome the change of address!!  

But, the truth of the matter is, being in the late third quarter of a four quarter disease, death is always on my mind and always a constant possibility.

Just the same, I try to take care of myself as does my Wife.  But chest congestion always results in coughing until I pass out!   And that is true misery.  Happily, my bed is adjustable so I can raise my head to help with the mucous.   And hot tea also cuts the mucous, so I am drinking plenty of hot tea.  

I have not had this in awhile.  Truthfully, I do not remember the last time.    But, I do know it is going to be a long night!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better. I have not had a cold sore throat etc in a number of years. This past two weeks changed all that. I think it is because I am rundown as Lewy Body has deprived me of sleep. I feel awful. This disease is ripping my life apart. I don't have to tell you what it does not only to us but our families. I cannot believe that I am the only elected official to have Lewy Body or Alzheimer's. When I went public I had hoped that other public officials would have disclosed that they suffer from these dreadful diseases. If they did I thought it would put a spotlight on Lewy Body etc to increase research and understanding that this is going to be an epidemic in a very short period of time. People have been wonderful to me and have thanked me for going public. I am still at my elected post and hopefully will be for a long time. If I find I can't handle it I will leave. Hopefully other elected officials are reading your blog which is most helpful and understand that if they have what we have go public as we need help. Your blog has provided me with more information please keep writing!

    ReplyDelete