Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Today, someone actually cared!

Here at Azalea Trace, we have many opportunities to volunteer.  For instance, when the Staff Chaplain needs someone to fill in for a Service or Bible Study, I help out.   Well, our annual fun raising event for the fund that helps those who outlive they savings takes place in October.  One of the Committee members had me in mind for an assignment, but, that individual knew I had LBD.  Instead of asking me to volunteer, that very thoughtful individual called my Wife and asked Her if I would be overwhelmed by the assignment they had in mind for me!

Someone actually took into consideration my condition!  This is the first time this has happened with the exception of my Wife, our best friends Jerry and Marcia, and my Son.  I am sitting here, many hours after that telephone call to my Wife, surprised and happy that someone finally considered my disease.  I feel like I have been accepted!  Someone actually cares that I have Lewy Body Dementia!!  I will say it again, this is the first time this has happened!!

My Wife and I have decided to do the assignment together, to lesson the impact on me while still permitting us to serve this very important event.  

I can actually tell you I am happy!  

1 comment:

  1. You and Linda are doing a great job educating! Where there is one, there will be more!

    ReplyDelete