Friday, August 12, 2016

Please QUIT saying I am "High Functioning"!!

People close to me say I am still "High Functioning".  They say I do not look like I have dementia.  They even say only I know I have LBD!  Nothing could make me more angry!!

I applied for and was granted a "Disability" retirement from Civil Service because I could no longer remember how to do my job!  Social Security granted me "Disability" retirement.  At NO TIME did I use an attorney to fill out any of these forms or applications.  I filled them out, had my Neurologist fill out the medical issues and submitted them!!  They were approved, first time in!

Look folks, I have Lewy Body Dementia, ad I will no get any better, any time!!  And just because YOU can't seal with my condition does not mean I do not have it!!

Please give me the common courtesy to admit I am ill and in a diminished state.  I am sick and tired of trying to hold myself up to your expectations!!  If you cannot accept my condition, then leave me alone!!  You "Rose Colored" assessment of m medical condition is neither wanted or correct.

Just leave me alone!  And stop trying to make me feel better.  It only upsets me, as you should be able to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment