Thursday, August 11, 2016

Covenant Care, Pensacola; Virtual Dementia Tour

Today my wife took the Virtual Dementia Tour at Covenant Care, Pensacola, Florida.  This is an amazing, much needed, service to caregivers of Dementia patients of any type.  They used googles, mittens, headphones, noises, pads on her feet, and confusing instructions to simulate what I experience every minute of everyday.   Evidently it was effective because she said she felt like she was in a "Fog" and she felt inadequate!   Those words describe the life of a Dementia patient.

I would like to THANK Covenant Care for offering this service and I encourage everyone who is close to any Dementia patient to seek out this experience.  It will help you understand your loved one!!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experience. I will definitely share this blog, it provides an amazing insight into a disease many of us cannot understand or relate to. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this information. I am going to see if anyone is providing this type of tour in Massachusetts.

    ReplyDelete