Thursday, July 7, 2016

The reality of LBD verses someone's desires for my lif

People tell me;  You are doing very well and you will live another 15 or 20 years!  When I know, and anyone who understands LBD, I am not going to live 5 more years!  And your telling me I will live 20 years will not make it happen and it only angers me.

Let's look at the facts.  If I did live 10, 15, 20, more years, what mental and physical shape would I be in?  I need/require a cane to walk now.  My legs refuse to move when I first get out of a chair.  I stumble and fall.  I wet and soil myself from time to time.  I choke on saliva, food, coffee, and air!  I don't know what day it is.  I am unable to have sex.  I have no interest in anything.  So, why would I want to live 20 more years?  Just because YOU want me too?

Every night, I confess every sin I can think of.  Why, because I am not sure if I will wake in the morning.  Every night, I feel like it will be my last night!  And I am OK with that.  I have actually prayed for God to call me home, soon.   I do not look forward to fighting this fight indefinitely.

I understand the desire to have those we love with us as long as we live.  How many of us wish our Mom or Dad were still alive?  Or an older brother, a Shipmate, or a long time friend that died, too early for our planning.   But if that loved one had a terminal disease, what was their desires?  Live or die?  I miss Mom and Dad, but they had cancer and the pain and suffering were rough on them.   So, death stopped their suffering.

I am now beginning to suffer, physically and mentally.  And that is only going to increase, not decrease, no matter what your selfish, well meaning, wishes are for me.

Instead of hanging onto unrealistic desire, why not try to help me now, to enjoy the days I have.  That is the best wish I have.

9 comments:

  1. I also have LBD, and I understand your feelings on this issue. The Lord is using you to encourage me and others who have this awful disease. I am praying for you and your wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am watching my mother go through this for the past 8 years. What an amazing thing you are doing with your blog. You are a strong man and I am in awe with reading your story. Thanks for doing this. It has helped me see more clearly what mom has been dealing with for too long. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am watching my mother go through this for the past 8 years. What an amazing thing you are doing with your blog. You are a strong man and I am in awe with reading your story. Thanks for doing this. It has helped me see more clearly what mom has been dealing with for too long. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been missing you. Hope things are ok. You are in my thoughts. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just checking on you my friend i miss your blogs hope all is well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is so valuable to me. Thank you, Silverfox, for sharing your wisdom and impressions with those of us who are trying so hard to understand this illness and the terrible toll it takes on so many good people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is so valuable to me. Thank you, Silverfox, for sharing your wisdom and impressions with those of us who are trying so hard to understand this illness and the terrible toll it takes on so many good people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My father in Fort Walton is dealing with this but he is unable to communicate very well. Your blog is great and I wish for you and my father to be pain free and at peace In Jesus Name

    ReplyDelete
  9. My father in Fort Walton is dealing with this but he is unable to communicate very well. Your blog is great and I wish for you and my father to be pain free and at peace In Jesus Name

    ReplyDelete