Monday, July 25, 2016

Recovering from the trip

Today is the second day home from our 3000 mile trip.  And, we had to deal with my long time miniature poodle, Marcel's, illness.  He has been sleeping and disinterested in food or anything else.  He is uneven on his feet and looks bad.  We went to the Vet today and found out his Heart Murmur is worse and he was dehydrated.  We got some new heart medicines and a saline IV.  He is resting well and was even able to walk some of the distance from the car.  Just the same, the Vet was honest in her assessment that Marcel has serious heart issues that will not get better.

Both Linda and I are upset about his condition.   He has been our friend and companion for over 11 years.  But, his end will come soon and I will be depressed.

Then there was the television issue.  It would not work!  No signal.  The telephone assist did not help so we got an insight tech assist.  That resolved the issue, except my external sound system.  So, I am on television speakers since I cannot figure it out!     Heck, I cannot figure out how to zip my zipper half the time.

My condition has been negatively impacted by Marcel's condition and the stress of the trip.  Everything is foggy and disconnected for me.  I do not want to be around people because if I am, I have to try to "be normal" and I just do not have the desire or ability to "be normal".  Will this get better?  Honestly, I do not know.  Furthermore, I really and truly do not care!!

So, that is where I am at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment