Wednesday, June 29, 2016

People stay away from me

A tender touch, rustling my hair, a hug or kiss, an intimate conversation, all seem to be things of the past.  Visitors are few.  If I want contact with people, I have to initiate it.  And truthfully, I am not in the mood to beg for anything!

Look folks.  LBD is not contagious!  It is not like the flu, hepatitis, or scabies.  It is not a sexually transmitted disease.  If I kiss you, you will not get it like mononucleosis.  If we make love, you will not get LBD like the Clap!

It seems the things I want the most I get the least.  This drives me deeper into depression ad isolationism.  I am alone in a crowd of bodies that want to avoid me.  I am ignored, avoided, and shunned by almost anyone that knows I have this disease.

My bed is my refuge.  Sleep is my friend.  The things that once entertained me now enrage me.  No one knows or understands how I feel and their actions tell me they do not care and do not really want to know.

There are a couple of friends that are always there for me.  But, they have their lives too and they live far away.  Florida is a prison for me.  LBD is the death sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment