Friday, June 17, 2016

My mind lives in the past

We have a monthly get together of all the folks that live on our floor.  Everyone brings a dish and we spend an hour or so talking and exchanging stories.  Normally, the women are on one side of the room and the men on the other.  Some things never change!

I never talk about things happening today.  Not even the weather.  Instead, I talk about my career with the Navy or old cars, or places we have lived.  But never anything that is recent or news worthy.

Why?  Because I am most comfortable in my past.  I am not interested in the happenings of today.   They are not in my memory and I just do not care.

This is something my wife and I have noticed.  It is not new, but it is somewhat interesting and probably normal for people with Dementia.  I just thought I would report it.


No comments:

Post a Comment