Saturday, May 14, 2016

How Politics upsets me. A train of thought of a dementia mind.

This afternoon, I was able to describe an issue I have been dealing with.  First of all, let me say, my Wife has cut down on the politics on television.   She also told me, after I made the statements I am about to write, that she had figured out most of this already.  So, here goes.

The coverage of politics on the television, a constant droning of someone's opinion and reactions to every breath one of the candidates takes, drives my mind into survival mode.  When I am in mental survival mode, I begin to mentally build my survival compound.  I do research on the Internet on land, solar cells, refrigerators made for off grid use, bullet resistant window covering, weapons, survival foods, and other related subjects.  When I am doing this, I am happy, engaged, busy.  I can spend hours on this search.  I go to bed building my concrete home in my mind.  Then at some point, it hits me like a ton of bricks;  "You can't live that way!  You're broken, weak, mentally challenged.  You hallucinate!  And then my dreams are crushed and I am depressed, angry, and ready to give up, totally!

So, if I stay away from politics on television, I do much better.  And now, My Wife understands this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment