Saturday, March 26, 2016

What is really important?

Those of us who have Lewy Body Dementia are living with a death sentence.  But, truly, everyone knows they are going to die, someday.   So, the question really is, what IS important?

People talk about "Bucket Lists".  But experiences, like money, mean nothing eternity.  However, how you treat the ones you love, the things you taught your children, grandchildren, the moral truths you leave them, IS the thing of value you leave behind.

I have made numerous mistakes, committed too many Sins to count, and have hurt the feelings of too many people I love and respect.  My goal for the remainder of the days God gives me is to leave a lasting memory that encourages those who know me to live a moral, God honoring life.

Just because I have failed in the past does not mean I have to continue to fail.  And no trip to somewhere will not leave a lasting impression of God's love on the hearts of those I love.  Yes, I want to see my friends and family, everything I can!!  And truthfully, I do not see them enough!  But going to see something or do something, when I can go see a friend or relative, is out of the question.   I will fill my bucket with the love of good friends and family.

During my recent downturn, I have seen more clearly, how I must spend the remainder of my life.  As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mr. Silverfox. I came across your blog a few days ago as my "OCD" keeps me searching stuff even though my ability to retain things continues to be a struggle. I am a 38 year old male officially dealing with congestive heart failure, and unofficially mild dementia and weak digestion. Overworking gave me "elderly" ailments. I say unofficially because I have continued to avoid having that condition diagnosed to keep it from hampering my ability to get hired for work since I would likely have to mention it as a disability. I have enough symptoms to know what I am dealing with and from what I've seen in some of your posts, I can sympathize. While based on my symptoms I am sure I do not have LBD, I do deal with things like the numbness in the front part of my brain/head, trouble with words, hallucinations, etc.

    The reason why I am leaving a comment is that before I do get the official diagnosis I am using myself as a lab rat to test supplements out to heal ailments based on their results in medical research. After the first round did not give the results I wanted, I am about to try a different approach. The first one was centered around rebuilding acetylcholine. The second will be focusing on amyloid beta plaque and hyperphosphorylated tau protein. I figured you might be interested in following my next test as I will be starting it soon.

    Here is a link to my blog where I track the results of everything I am doing if you are interested.
    http://supplementalhealing.blogspot.com/

    They say with God there is no such thing as coincidence. So maybe it's not a coincidence I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete