Thursday, February 25, 2016

NOISE!!

I have written before about the negative impact noise of any kind has on me at night.  But this morning, I experienced other noise issue.  We slept in today.  I was up last night from 1-4 AM  because of some cold symptoms.  So, I slept in.  At 9 AM the complex fire alarm went off!  Now our Fire Alarm could wake the DEAD!  Every room has an alarm in it.  And each one is very loud.  I jumped out of bed, got dressed, only to learn it was a test.  No notice!!

Now, if it was a short test, I would have been fine.  However, the test lasted 45 minutes!  Why someone needs to test an alarm for 45 minutes is beyond me!!!  In any case, I was getting more and more angry, agitated, disoriented, and overwhelmed.  But I did not notice it!!  Thank God my wife did and after 15 or 20 minutes, she took me outside to walk the dogs.  We were a block away from our building and the alarm was still loud.   If Linda did not see the symptoms, there is no telling what might have happened.

Additionally, I remained upset all day!!  This 45 minute fire alarm fiasco ruined my entire day.  But, we learned something.  When the alarm goes off, we are going outside!  Second, the time for me to be in a facility that caters to me, a Dementia patient, is coming very soon.

Linda softly brought that topic up this evening.  Her wheels are turning on this topic also.  I have had a fairly easy journey up to recent times.  But, the intensity of everything is going up, exponentially!!  So, we will work on future plans.  But the folks here are Azalea Trace are somewhat secretive about memory support.  So, I am going to see the Director of Nursing tomorrow and get some straight answers, one way or the other.

I will let you know what happens!


No comments:

Post a Comment