Friday, February 12, 2016

More on the Neurologist visit.

I cannot tell you how emotional it is for me that the neurologist I see finally greed that I had LBD!  Dr. Bowles in Norfolk, Virginia and the University of Virginia saw it and diagnosed LBD.  But, still, since we lived in Pensacola, this is the first time I have had agreement from my now, only neurologist.

Now, I don't have to do the kabuki dance overtime I visit him.  What a relief.  I was tired of the fight.  An appointment ago, he moved my legs and said: "Your legs are very stiff."  I wanted to say; "no shit Sherlock!"  But it was early in the day so I could control myself.  Now, he freely admits all my issues are from Lewy Body Dementia.  I feel relieved, vindicated, and free!

So, from now on, the neurologist and I are on the same sheet of music.  Nice!  Of course, this journey is headed towards the end.  I am past the crescendo and headed towards the finale.  Even my wife admits that, in her own way.  But, I am at peace with my life and happy now.  My fight for recognition is over.   This is the best I have felt in a long time.  Funny how other people's attitudes towards me impact how I fell about myself.  So many people told me I was not sick and I have even been told I was faking it!  I knew I was impacted by LBD, but I could not convince outsiders and even the first neurologist I had when we moved to East Lower Alabama.  Now at least, my neurologist agrees with my doctors in Virginia and as far as the outsiders go.  Well, they will just have to remain outsiders to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment