Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Drowning!

I have been having a difficult time.  I have slipped mentally and emotionally.  I was discussing this with my wife and I described it as; "Being in a room, with no doors or windows, I am completely trapped in this room and it is filling up with water!

I saw my psychologist yesterday because my wife made the appointment.  It was a good appointment and I felt free to discuss all that I am dealing with.  I do not feel better, but I do not feel worse.  He did make me a follow on appointment in two weeks.  Evidently, he believes I still have issues.   And he is right!

But, I am not sure a psychologist can repair what Lewy Body Dementia is breaking.  My ability to deal with anything out of the normal, any change, anything that goes against my idea of what is good and right, is gone.  I do not watch politics and I only watch the news in small doses.  I live in my own mental universe.

I have said my LBD is progressing and I now know I am no longer in control of my surroundings or emotions.   As they say, it is what it is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment