Sunday, January 24, 2016

Billiards, in a retirement community!

We play Billiards every Wednesday and Sunday night here at Azalea Trace.  From 6-8 PM, the two pool tables are very busy with teams playing 8 Ball.  Most of the men are older and BETTER than I am.  Some of the men are excellent and consistent in their game.   Some of us are novices at best.  But, it is a fun and relaxing time of fellowship, stories, and mutual respect.  I truly love and look forward to our Pool nights.

One issue is memory.  Most of us have memory issues with me being the one with the most memory loss.  There are always questions like; "Do we have stripes?" half way into a game!!   I have actually used a stripe ball as the cue ball, buy mistake!!   And no one told me until after I made the shot!!

But, it is fun and relaxing and a level of social relief I have not had for a long time.  This is truly good living.  

1 comment:

  1. Very good article! We will be linking to this great article on our site. Keep up the great writing.

    http://www.rathbonehome.com/

    ReplyDelete