Monday, January 25, 2016

FLASH!!! A new test for Lewy Body Dementia

Obtaining a definitive diagnosis of Lewy Body Dementia (LBD) is difficult at best.  LBD is the second most common type of Dementia, after Alzheimer's.  Yet, it is often missed or misdiagnosed as something else including Psychiatric issues.   I recently found a test called "The Lewy Body Composite Risk Score (LBCRS)" developed by Dr. James E. Galvin.   This teat is quite sensitive to suggest that there is a high probability that you have Lewy Body Dementia.  Of course, only an autopsy will confirm that presently.

I also learned that Lewy Bodies are being found elsewhere in the human body causing  issues like constipation and skin disorders.  Since I have sever breakdown of my skin, all over my body, I found this very informative.

I am not a doctor or a research scientist.  And I do not claim to know much about their process.  But, this study is interesting and I recommend you share it with you Doctors, both GP and Neurologist.  It may help and it can't hurt.

PS;  I scores a 10 on this test!

No comments:

Post a Comment