Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The highs and lows of Lewy Body Dementia are maddening!

Today, I have experienced gleeful emotional highs and now that the sun has set, gloomy, deep, depressed, emotional lows.  It is interesting to experience when you are experiencing an emotional high point.  When you feel like you are almost firing on all Eight Cylinders!  You feel great.  Life looks good.  You even make plans to have fun, visit someone, or do something you like.  Then, the pendulum swings and you are stuck in a pool of doom and gloom.  You do not want to do anything, talk, or be around anyone.  Noise is cutting, and you have difficulty finding the strength and energy to go on.

Many times, when I am experiencing the lows of LBD, I hide in bed.  The darkness of the room, the comfort of my bed, the warmth of the covers, make a cocoon to hide in.

Also, during these low times, all the other issues that LBD causes are worse, brought to the forefront, and amplified.  Tonight, I am having great difficulty focusing on anything.  I am foggy, disconnected, and unable to focus.  My leg muscles are sore, stiff, and my mobility is impaired.

As I wrote earlier, this morning I was very disconnected and had in my mind that I needed a telephone number to eat Raisin Bran.  Then the day got better and I was pretty much OK.  But now, I am again confused and conflicted.

This, in my opinion, is the most drastic portion of LBD.

No comments:

Post a Comment