Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Depression...all my dreams are gone

Every night, after the lights are out, and I am in bed, I go through my dreams of a survivalist, concrete home, on 5, 10, 20 acres of land.  Solar power, garden, chickens, independent, and then it hits me, I am never going to be able to do what I used to dream, and I get very depressed, upset, and unhappy.   What I wanted, I will never achieve, because of Lewy Body Dementia.

I guess you could say I am too old for those dreams.  But, 64 is not old!  But there is no way a man with rigid muscles, and a memory like a screen door, who cannot sensibly read, hallucinates, and has sight issues, can live the survivalist life.  I know that!!  But my dreams used to still be there.  Now, my mind tells me I am foolish to dream about something my mind and body cannot do.  So, these dreams have been taken away from me by the reality of LBD.

No pills in the world can help with this depression.  

1 comment:

  1. No pill, but we know the One who walks with us through broken dreams

    ReplyDelete