Saturday, October 17, 2015

What do I look forward too?

The answer to that question is....nothing.

When we were young, the next excitement was just around the corner. Getting our driver's license, the Prom, enlisting, getting engaged, a vacation, buying a home, getting a boat, or a corvette, all very exciting life experiences.  But, what do I look forward too now.

I used to dream about the next adventure, not now.   When I close my eyes, I see nothing.  When I get up in the morning, there is no excitement, no hopes for a good day, and no promise of a brighter tomorrow.

The things I used to like to do either I cannot do or do not interest me anymore.  Heck, I don't even drive anymore and I LOVED to drive an automobile, pick up truck, big truck, motorcycle, anything!

Yes, I have some enjoyable experiences.  I enjoy billiards on Wednesday and Sunday evening.  I enjoy the opportunities God gives me to preach His Word.  But they come seldom.

I have learned, or better yet, observed, that Lewy Body Dementia is a life sentence in a prison made up of the confines of my mind.  And those walls that confine me are closing in!!  Slowly at first thanks to Named and Razadyne, but now increasing in speed.  Close and closer they close in, restricting my view of life itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment