Monday, October 5, 2015

The first day of Physical Therapy

We decided to ask my Neurologist for Physical Therapy (PT).  He sent a prescription to the PT group here at Azalea Trace and today was my first day.  Wow!!  Am I impressed!  The PT therapist did a one hour evaluation of my rigidity in my legs.  She put me through my paces.

But what impressed me the most was that she actually knew what Lewy Body Dementia was including all of the issues related to the disease.  Then, she engaged me in a conversation to find out how the disease was impacting ME!!  Double WOW!!!

I am very encouraged and I am looking forward to my next PT session on Wednesday.  I do not know if the PT will help or not, but the attitude of the PT staff has impressed me beyond words.

This is one of the main reasons we decided to move to a Continuing Care Retirement Community.  All the help we need is right here under one roof!  More later,

No comments:

Post a Comment