Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Lunch with my Pastor

My Pastor came over for lunch today.  I enjoy His company and value His input so I was anxious to sit down with him and discuss things.  He wanted to get an update on the progression of my LBD.  That is why I am writing this post.

First of all, He asked for the update which shocked me and made me happy at the same time.  It is hard to explain this disease in one word answers.  So a discussion over dinner make the discussion easier.

Second, He actually wanted to understand how I was doing.  Maybe He reads this blog.   He did ask me an interesting question.  I was explaining to him that the recent changes in the diseases impact on me has finally put me in the place of not finding LBD interesting!  Up to the recent changes, I have looked at this disease as an inconvenience or an issue I could deal with.  Now, I realize I can no longer compensate for the effects of the disease.  It was an eye opener to say the least.  His reply was a question:  Was I angry with God?  My solid reply was NO!  God has been very gracious with me through out this entire journey.  God made it so I got an early diagnosis.  God sent me to a very aggressive Neurologist.  God has made the progression of this disease slow up to now.   God has taken good care of me and I believe He will until he takes me home.

Third, and for those of you who read this, the most interesting revelation of the conversations was the fact that I cannot describe what is happening in one, concise, description.  I found myself looking for the things that were causing me issues!  I had actually forgotten many of the things that ARE wrong.  I would remember things as we discussed other issues not related to my disease and would then report them.  I find it strange that I cannot list everything that is wrong in one, concise list!!  But, it makes sense that if my memory is broke, I would not be able to recall everything.  But, again, that fact was a shock to me!!  It truly was the first time I ever sat down and tried to have a conversation about my disease with someone who actually cared.

So, be careful what you ask for!  You may get it and then have troubles dealing with your request.  I wanted someone to ask me about my journey with LBD and when that caring person came forward, I was at a loss for words.

This was a revealing day!

1 comment:

  1. Your thankful appreciative heart and sense of humor in spite of your battle are the evidence of Gods grace upon your life, and His great love for you, Silverfox! Happy happy thanksgiving to you and your wife, enjoying this blog! Thanks for being used of God for those who suffer with LBD and even those like myself who don't, very inspirational

    ReplyDelete