Monday, September 28, 2015

I finally figured out what I want!

Tonight, I finally figured out what I want in regards to how people treat me over this disease.  I want someone, anyone, to sit me down and honestly, sincerely, ask me to explain how the disease impacts me.  How I deal with it, and anything else they can think of to ask.  I want them to ask these questions without that accusatory tone in their voice and without the attitude of; "You're a phony!!"

I am not being sarcastic.  I truly just want one person, to become personally interested in my struggle with Lewy Body Dementia.

Enough said.

4 comments:

  1. I am interested! My much loved mother-in-law has LBD. Your blog was been so helpful. Please believe that people do care about you but may just not know how to show care and concern, especially to a tough former navy guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also interested, and for no other reason than because you are someone who is struggling and I found this blog by happenstance. I wish you well and send you love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe you and am truly interested in your journey. It is helping me to understand what my dad is going through. When I see him tomorrow, I will ask him how lbd is impacting his life and what I can do to help him. Thank you for your transparency and sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We hear you, we are interested and appreciate your honesty ..even those of us who don't have a loved one with LBD or suffer with it ourselves, we are learning lots from your journey

    ReplyDelete