Monday, August 17, 2015

Exhaustion, weakness, and fatigue

Today, we had the poodles groomed.  We use a groomer that is in the city we lived in before Azalea Trace.  The groomer is excellent and we have not found anyone her that does as well, regardless of price.  The groomer is at L-9 Splash and Dash in Gulf Breeze, Florida, if you live in the area.  They are great.

Since it takes 45-60 minutes to get there, we stay in Gulf Breeze for the two hours it takes to get both dogs groomed.    So, we shop at the local stores.   Today, we walked around the local Walmart and Lowes. After 90 minutes of casual walking, stopping, and standing, I was exhausted.  My legs burned, and I was having some difficulty propelling myself.  I was surprised since this is the first time I remember being this fatigued simply shopping.

When we returned home, I ate lunch and then took a 4 hour nap!  And I am still tired!

These are all issued caused by the disease and I understand that.  But, it also illuminates the progression of the disease.  I often wondered why seemingly fit individuals used the power baskets at the stores or used power scooters.  Now I understand.  And no, I am not going to use a power chair!!   At least not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment