Friday, July 17, 2015

Orthostatic Hypotension!

OK, I could not have spelled Orthostatic Hypotension before today.  And I completely forgot the LBD issues that impact the Autonomic functions of the body.  But, a visit to a doctor's office sent an alarm to the doctor and us.

I had moderately high blood pressure a few years ago.  Recently, I have had a normal blood pressure reading that has been descending.  We thought, good!  Eating healthy is helping me.  But, yesterday's BP reading was 93/60.  The CNA started asking me questions!  Tonight, I talked to my son's Brother in Law, who is an MD.  He saturated asking me questions.  Yes, I am a little light headed, experience some dizziness getting up or laying down.  He than said;  Not good.  It looks like my autonomic dysfunctions have started to effect my BP.

So, I started doing some research and discovered a paper on the topic of Orthostatic Hypotension on the LBDA web site, dated October 2012.  That article did not paint a good image.  It seems OH is a major cause of death for LBD patients.

Now, I take Cardura for a swollen Prostate.   Cardura IS a high blood pressure medicine that was later found to reduce the effects of an enlarged prostate.  This will be part of my discussion on Monday with my GP.

For the moment, we will watch and wait.  But, Monday, my GP and I are going to have a serious discussion.  The treatment of LBD is a relatively new process.  In the beginning of my journey, I pressed to get an accurate diagnosis so I could take advantage of whatever research was being done.  I never thought I would get to this position, since I believe all of my treatment is an experiment in itself.  My Neurologist in Virginia was on the cutting edge of LBD research and she is the reason, and of course, God's provisions, I have had as long a period of slow progression of my LBD as I have.  But, as I have said before, the speed has increased and new symptoms and issues seem to be popping up weekly!

But this one, seems to be major!  OH coupled with my irregular heartbeat may be an even bigger challenge.  We will see.

As always, I will report all symptoms, effects, treatments and emotions related to this new major byproduct to LBD.  This is just another challenge we need to find a way to deal with.

I will keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment