Sunday, July 26, 2015

Blood Pressure Fluctuations

I have written before about the autonomic functions being disrupted by Lewy Body Dementia.  I am experiencing BP fluctuations that are beginning to impact my way of life.

Last week, I had a low BP reading in the 90/60 variety.  Today, at Church, I was sweating so profusely I had to continually wiper my forehead of sweat for about 30 minutes.  During this time, I was dizzy and weak.  For a few minutes, I was actually contemplating calling 911.  But, being the hard head I am, I did not.

When we came home, we stopped in the Assisted Living portion of our community and had my BP taken.  The CNA that took it was concerned and did not tell me the reading.  Then she took it again in the other arm and told me it was 148/98.  That is a wild fluctuation in less than 7 days.

It is now 1300 and I am still weak and somewhat dizzy.  I have had high BP in the past, but not for a few years.  I know what I feel and experience when I have high BP, and today's events are not close to what I experienced in Church today.

So, we will call my GP tomorrow and go see her and see what she thinks.  It is my opinion, based on my research, that this is caused by my autonomic functions being disrupted by the Lewy Bodies.

We will see what we will see.  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment