Friday, June 19, 2015

Showtime!!

I know that I act and look better when I have company, or when we are at Church, or when we are shopping or on some outing.  I know that phenomena is refereed to as "Showtime".  I know I do it and so does m wife.  What I did not understand is that it is not a voluntary action!

I was reading a post on the Blog, "The Lewy Body Roller Coaster" and learned that "Showtime" is an involuntary reaction caused by the effects of LBD on the brain!   That makes sense to me, since I once said I was going to "STOP" looking normal just to fit in.   Now, in my defense, I forgot I made that comment, but now I realize I cannot stop looking good when I am in situation with people.  Does that make sense?

So, telling the caregiver of a LBD patient of the person afflicted with LBD themselves that the look and sound normal is really true. because of the involuntary "Showtime" effect.  It is also one of the most insulting, insensitive, comments you can make, IF you know the person has LBD.

I also realize most folks do not know anything about LBD, or Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, the common cold, electricity, of food preparation.  As a matter of fact, the average American is as dumb as a tree stump!  So, they cannot be held accountable for insulting us.  Now that fact should really want you to stop taking your meds!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks. This entry is in June end-of-month “Perspectives” newsletter https://paper.li/f-1408973778

    ReplyDelete