Monday, April 20, 2015

How do I hang on?

Those of you who knew me before I came to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ knew me as a wild man.  But, Jesus changed me a through the power of the Holy Spirit.  I am a totally different person and because of that, I am secure in my life and my eternity.

LBD has effected me.  The effects of LBD caused me to retire earlier than we had planned.  It also caused my wife to retire 5 years earlier than she planned.  LBD also lead to a completely unplanned, unexpected move to Florida to be close to our son and his family.

While all of these changes were unexpected, but they worked out to n\be positives.  Just like God planned!  You see, God is never surprised and never runs into unexpected circumstances, even though we do!  And while we had to leave our home Church and all our friends in Virginia, we have grown personally and spiritually here in Florida.

These thought came to me while I was sitting in my power lift chair, listening to George Jones and Vestil Goodman sing country gospel music, petting my oldest poodle.  If God can care enough about an old drunk like George Jones. Enough to lead him to salvation, we all have the opportunity to seek salvation.  God changed me and leads me through the life's challenges, you too can have this surety of eternal life.

Tomorrow, I will stand in for the Azalea Trace Chaplain and lead the weekly Tuesday Chapel Service.  Many of the attendees are wheel chair bound, have dementia, or have other debilitating, life threatening diseases, yet they seek the comfort Jesus and depend on God for everything in their lives.  That alone, gives me peace.

So, how do I hang on to happiness and peace dealing with LBD.  I depend on God, for everything.  It has worked for me and I know it will work for you.  Seek ye FIRST, the kingdom of God, and all these things will be added to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment