Friday, March 27, 2015

Namenda XR update

I have not yet recovered from the changes I experienced with Namenda XR.   I am still very agitated and angry.  My memory is still FUBAR, and I am depressed to a level I have never seen.  If I stay in this state for much longer, I will have to admit, and my wife will also, that this is the new norm.  I really do not see any chance of this getting better.

My wife told me today that she does not want me to take any other new drugs!  She said, that she wants me to stay on what I now take, but no other changes or additions.  I agree with her.

I realize all of us with Dementia of any kind are lab rats for the medical industry.  We are the first generation with drugs to combat Dementia and the producers of the drugs really do not know what the effect and impact of the drugs on humans will be over a mid to long period of time.

We saw the same careless experimentation on women in the 1960's with birth control pills and hormone therapy.  And we all know how well that turned out.  And before that, in the 1950's was the use of thalidomide for fertility issues!  I do not expect a better out come for me.

But, there is no other choice except for not taking drugs and going down hill much faster than I am.  Or at least I think I would be going down hill faster than I am.  Maybe, the drugs are doing more harm than good.  But, how can I tell.  There is no "Control Group" that I know of in this experiment.

I find myself thinking more and more about my life in the Memory Support facility.  I actually long for that security and isolation.  Right now, I am not in a good place mentally.  I hope tomorrow is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment