Wednesday, December 3, 2014

We are now residents of Azalea Trace!

Well almost!  We took custody of our apartment today.  We paid the remainder of our entrance fee, a check bigger than any one I ever saw, well enough wrote and was on the hook to make good, and we got our keys!  Of course, there are still some things to get done, like any new home.  And the apartment has not had it's final cleaning.  But all that will be taken care of.  Oh, our refrigerator is not here yet.  Again, it will arrive soon.

So, now no more free lunches!  All meals are on us.  And, now we have to follow the rules of the community.  For instance, my neighbor called me on my cell phone while we were eating lunch.  I answered the call, at our table.  My first demerit!!   They were nice about it.  But standing in the corner with a dunce hat on is my next punishment!

The next 6 days we will move small items into our new home.  Clothes, small boxes, nick knacks, and other small items.  I cannot lift anything of substance with my left arm.  I have a torn rotator cuff that I have known about for about a year.  It has become much worse and I now cannot even lift a coffee cup with my left hand.  I had put off the surgery until we were moved into Azalea Trace just in case I have a negative reaction to general anesthesia.  LBD patients have a 60% chance of having a significant mental decline after general anesthesia.  So, our caution is well founded.

If you are interested in these issues, check out the LBDA.org site.  The Lewy Body Dementia Association has numerous reports from caregivers, in the Community section, describing the cognitive downturn of their LBD patient in conjunction with general anesthesia.  Also, they have a few clinical studies supporting these reports.

We will actually move in next Wednesday.  I will keep you informed.  More later.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing PWD Perspective. Am posting your blog entry with this week's "PWD Perspective" newsletter at https://paper.li/f-1408973778. Also your blog is now added to PWD matrix at http://truthfulkindness.com/about/links/. Again, thank you for sharing. -- Full legal name Truthful Loving Kindness

    ReplyDelete