Saturday, November 22, 2014

What did my Wife say about my realistic day dream?

I received a question regarding my Wife's reaction to my realistic day dream.  Good question!   The short answer is;  "Write it in your log and tell tour Psychologist!"   The long answer is a little more complicated.

My Wife approaches my disease and it's progress in a unique way.  She mental catalogs everything that happens.  She uses those data points to track my progress and mental plan her approach to me and my disease.  She never treats me with any difference because of my disease.  She keeps me involved in the everyday decisions even if I do not make them.   Her goal is to keep me as normal as possible regardless of the progress of my disease.

However, she let her emotional "Iron Curtain" down today.  We were talking about the stress of our home not selling yet.  I expressed that I had considered backing out of the Azalea Trace move and just staying in our home.  Linda said; "Then everyone will see me age, quickly!  When I have to find a place that will take you or try to find a way to take care of you at home, when you progress further."  That was a monumental statement from her.  Because it is the First time she has ever expressed her concern about the future.

Lewy Body Dementia is truly a journey for both of us.  What happens to me impacted Linda much more.  I need to always remember that fact.  And while some may see her as a stoic, strong, woman and wife.  I see the cracks in that "Iron Curtain" and I understand how deeply hurt she really is.

I hope that answers the question one of my readers took the time to ask.  I appreciate your replays and support.  We are all in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment