Sunday, November 2, 2014

Speech difficulties

I have noticed, lately, that I am having difficulties speaking.  I cannot find the correct words, I studded, and mumble, trying to get a thought out.  Now, for those of you who know me, this must come as a complete surprise!  Most of the time, you probably wish I would shut up!

It is not related to being tired or even stressed.  This problem is not always with me either.  It seems to be intermittent.  But, when it happens, I am frustrated.  It seems as if my mind cannot fine the word I want to say.  Then, my mouth, lips, and tongue refuse to work together to make the word come out!

I realize this is a classic symptom of LBD, but I promised to report any and all issues related to my journey with LBD, and this is a problem.

Related to this, is my mind jumbles letters together, or drops them out of words that I am reading.  The result is, I see and read a different word or a word that does not make sense.  You can imaging what an issue this is when I am Preaching!  But, even singing in Church can be an issue.   I simply lose the ability to read.  Not all the time, just intermittently, like my speech issues.  Again, I cannot tie it to anything like being tired or stressed.

It seems those Lewy Body Protein Tangles have found another place in my brain to clog up!  Maybe I should have changed my filter regularly.  You know, the old oil filter commercial; "You can pay me now, or you can pay me latter!"

No comments:

Post a Comment