Tuesday, November 4, 2014

And while you are doing that, do this!?

Do you remember the time when you could tell your wife or husband; "While you are doing what you are doing, do this other thing."?  I guess in the computer age they call that multi tasking.  Well, I can no longer do two or more things at once.  And, if my wife tells me to do something when I an already dong something else, I drop the first task and do the second task!  You can see where that could lead to a catastrophe!  Like, when I am cooking!


I have informed her of this problem, but she still insists on tasking me when I am already engaged in something.  I guess old habits are hard to break.

I can't even follow a recipe anymore.  I only cook things I have in my memory.  Like, I can cook eggs.  I can cook a steak.  I can cook chicken.  Don't expect me to follow the recipe on the Campbell's soup label for a new chicken dish!  I will be totally confused by the second ingredient.

I am passion this along because many of you have lived with your spouse for 30, 40, 50 years.  Most of that time, he or she has been mentally alert and able to do many things, at once.  But now, tasking us with more than one thing at a time is overwhelming and can lead to anger, frustration, outbursts, and even crying!

We are not who we were and we cannot do what we used to do.  Save both of us the frustration and give us one task at a time!  We will both be better for it.

1 comment:

  1. Adding to this Sunday's PWD Perspective Newsletter at https://paper.li/f-1408973778. --Legal name Truthful Loving Kindness; nickname=Tru

    ReplyDelete