Monday, September 29, 2014

We passed the test!

Today, we passed the cognitive ability test at Azalea Trace and we are officially under contract as Life Care Residents.  This means, whatever health or mental issue occurs, we are taken care of by the facilities at Azalea Trace.  Of course, they do not have a hospital, but full rehab facilities are there as well as skilled nursing, assisted living, and memory care.  We will be in the Independent Living portion of the community.

As we walked around and ate lunch today, I could not help but be amazed at the number of people that came up to us and introduced themselves. As you know, this has not been the common practice we have experienced here.  We ate lunch with a very nice couple that have been residents for a year.  The Husband told me, he has never regretted moving in there, as he enjoyed his custom made chocolate soda for desert!!

The Cognitive testing was administered by the RN that oversees all health care.  She was very pleasant and interested in us.  I enjoyed her.  Which is good, because her office is right next to our apartment.

Wednesday we meet with the head of Facilities to pick all the remodeling things for our apartment.  Colors, cabinets, flooring, moving walls, bathroom fixtures, everything!  That should be fun, until I have to pay for it,  But, it is our home.

I even met with the Staff Chaplain.  He offered me Pulpit time already!  Seems he needs some Sunday relief ever once and a while and he has had no one to depend on! It was nice to be wanted again.

So, today was a good day and we feel good!  More later.
    

4 comments:

  1. Dear Silverfox, I am so happy for you and your wife. Sounds like a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray, today is a good day ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations - I'm sure this is a huge load off your mind. I wish this was a possibility for my own parents. It's a wonderful solution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm chuffed things went so well!

    ReplyDelete